This sweet-savory marinade is the cornerstone of Korean grilling. It’s easy to create your own delicious grilled chicken that can be served in pieces or shredded for tacos, folded inside soft corn tortillas with lime and cilantro.
- Heat grill to medium heat (for charcoal grill, arrange coals around a drip pan under grill grate; for gas grill adjust for indirect heat).
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a large baking dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Put chicken in baking dish with marinade (or in the plastic bag). Turn a couple of times to coat chicken; refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade (reserve ½ cup marinade to brush on chicken during grilling), and place chicken on grill. Cover grill; and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear (165˚). Brush chicken with reserved marinade a couple of times during grilling, stopping before the last 10 minutes on the grill (discard marinade).
- Serve chicken sprinkled with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.