A fun and interactive appetizer that is perfect to impress guests at your next dinner party or pair with a salad to create an easy weeknight dinner. Crispy chicken bites, creamy mozzarella balls and fresh grape tomatoes line each skewer – fresh basil pesto and tangy balsamic vinegar round out the meal and keep things interesting!
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Place pine nuts or walnuts in the air fryer basket, toast for 5-7 minutes until nutty and fragrant - remove.
- In an even layer, place frozen chicken bites in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the pesto by combining basil, garlic, grated parmesan cheese and toasted nuts in a food processor.
- Pulse the food processor while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. Avoid over processing, otherwise, it will become a puree. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste - set aside in a small bowl.
- Prepare the skewers by piercing one tomato, followed by a cooked chicken bite, basil and then a mozzarella ball. Repeat until the skewer is full. Continue with remaining chicken and garnishes.
- Plate skewers and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Garnish with a few cracks of freshly cracked black pepper and additional parmesan cheese if desired. Use the pesto as a dipping sauce and enjoy!