Since summer corn is a natural partner with a Mexican-style soup, ears of corn are roasted and sliced off the cobs to add a touch of sweetness. You can also offer chopped ripe avocado, sliced green onion, and fresh cilantro leaves to jazz up each bowl as desired.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place corn on rimmed baking sheet; roast 15 minutes, turning once, until browned. Cool; slice kernels off cobs.
- Cut chicken tenders into thirds. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large Dutch oven or soup kettle over medium-high heat. Add chicken, coriander, and cumin. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; stir in onion and corn. Sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Return chicken to pan, along with tomatoes, broth, lime juice, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush tortillas lightly with 2 teaspoons oil. Cut into thin strips. Place on rimmed baking sheet; toast about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp.
- Serve soup topped with tortilla strips.