You’ll be running to dig into this delicious fall comfort meal! Roasted pumpkin with earthy notes of sage mixed into a creamy risotto base and finished with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Coat the inside of the halved and seeded pumpkin with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and fresh cracked black pepper - season Place on a sheet tray face down and roast for 40-50 minutes until inside is tender but not mushy. Remove from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes and slice into wedges, removing the skin then cutting into a large dice - reserve for risotto.
- While the pumpkin is roasting, preheat a large cast-iron pan on medium-high. Season chicken thighs with ⅛ tsp salt and fresh cracked Add a glug of olive oil and half of the sliced sage and toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pan skin side down and cook for 8-10 minutes. Once the skin starts to loosen from the pan, flip the chicken and pop into the oven and allow to finish cooking - about 12-15 minutes until the thighs reach a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- In a separate medium sized pot add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat on medium. Once the oil is heated, add in the diced onion, garlic, and the other half of the sage - sauté for 3-4 minutes until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the arborio rice to the pot and mix until combined. Lightly toast the rice with the onions for about 3 minutes, ensuring that every granule is covered in the flavored
- Begin by adding a ladle of stock to the rice and stirring frequently until all the liquid is absorbed. Once absorbed, repeat this process with the remainder of the stock and the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender - about 15-20 minutes. Remember to stir the rice frequently, this is an active process!
- Once rice is ready, remove from heat, add in frozen peas and roasted pumpkin - stir to
- Adjust seasoning with salt, fresh cracked black pepper and freshly grated parmesan
- To serve, add 1 cup of risotto to a bowl along with 1 pan roasted chicken thigh