A classic Italian dish featuring a lightly breaded Chicken cutlet, smothered in a hearty San Marzano tomato sauce and topped with a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese. The freshly grated parmesan cheese adds a sharp and savory note to complete the meal.
- Prepare the sauce by heating a small saucepan over medium heat - add olive oil.
- Add shallots and garlic to the pan, cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Add tomato paste and dried oregano - toast for 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, stir to combine and cook for 18-20 minutes on medium-low
- until reduced by 25% - while reducing sauce, preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Remove sauce from heat, stir in fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Season to taste with
- salt and pepper - let cool before assembling chicken parmesan.
- Place frozen cutlets in the air fryer basket and cook for 12 minutes, flipping halfway
- Remove from the basket, add ¼ cup of tomato sauce per cutlet followed by 1 oz of
- sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Place back into the air fryer or broiler for an additional 4-6 minutes until the cutlet is heated all the
- way through and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan cheese - serve with your favorite salad or pasta and enjoy!