Creamy gouda and tart apples make this a perfect fall recipe. Drizzling some homemade balsamic reduction will add a subtle note of sweetness to complete the dish!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine and mix 8oz of balsamic vinegar with 4oz of honey in a medium
- Heat saucepan over medium-low heat or a light simmer, until mixture reduces by half - about 25-30 minutes. Mixture should coat the back of the spoon. Cool before serving.
- While balsamic is reducing, prepare the chicken by laying breasts on a cutting board and with a sharp knife make incisions along the chicken ½ of the way through to create a ‘hasselback’.
- Coat each chicken breast with approximately 1 tsp of olive oil, ⅛ tsp kosher salt, minced thyme and a few cracks of fresh Rub in between each slit to season thoroughly.
- Add 1 slice of apple in between each layer, followed by the gouda cheese Each chicken breast will use approximately 1 oz of cheese - more can be added if desired.
- Place stuffed chicken breasts on a parchment or foil lined oven safe dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Drizzle chicken with balsamic reduction and serve with your favorite seasonal